Daniel JONES born Madeley circa 1799

4 replies [Last post]
PETER138

Am looking for the parents of Daniel Jones, who married Ellen (maiden name Jones) in 1831. Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

technobrit (not verified)

You could try searching the International Genealogical Index at http://www.familysearch.org, it is pretty straightforward also gives access to 1881 Census)

tb

PETER138

Thanks for that - it is something I have already tried.   I just thought with an 'unusual!!" name like Jones someone else may have picked up on Daniel but thanks for responding.

angela35

There's someone on ancestry called Darren Jones who has him on his tree [married to ELLEN JONES 19 Oct 1831, WOMBRIDGE, SHROPSHIRE. I checked IGI and got this;

ELLEN JONES  
  Marriage:
19 OCT 1831 Wombridge, Shropshire, England

Then his birth and parents ?

DAN JONES  
  Male    

Event(s):
Birth:
04 AUG 1811 , Flint, Wales
Christening:
Death:
03 JAN 1861  
Burial:

Parents:
  Father: THOMAS JONES  
  Mother: RUTH

Any good to you ?

Any good to you?

Angela

PETER138

This certainly does look interesting.   Although the birth dates of Daniel do not match, everything else does and I will look into this further.  The birth date I had is from the census and I know that this information can sometimes be incorrect as mistakes could often be made when collating the information. Many thanks for your help - much appreciated.  Hope this will lead me to the next step in building my family tree. Peter