Elsie May JONES, b c1904

6 replies [Last post]
Geoff Holmes

Help please!!!!!

ELSIE MAY JONES (BORN 1904.....SOMEWHERE IN SHROPSHIRE!!!!!  Shown on 1911 Census as born Heath..........but other variations from other sources.

Father....John Jones ( born 26 Aug 1859 Berthlwid, Llanyre, Radnorshire.  Farmer.

Mother...Eliza Ann Jones (nee Jones) born 17 Sep 1858 Argoed Fach, Nantmel, Radnorshire.

The family were farming at Heath - 1901 Census, and Brookhampton, Much Wenlock - 1911 Census.

Have no info. as to whether they moved farms and locations between the two Census.

Regards,

Geoff

Michael J Hulme

Hello Geoff

It might help if you listed the other birth places you have for her and briefly where the information comes from.

Doing a search of the Birth Registration records I can only see one person of the correct name and year of birth and she was born in the Newport, Shropshire Registration District.

There is a place called The Heath at Edgmond near Newport. If you can be certain this is the correct person then the Birth Certificate may well give you a fairly precise place of birth.

The 1911 census entry shows that the family moved around fairly well which doesn't help.

Mike

Geoff Holmes

Hello again Mike, and sincere thanks yet again for your kind help.

The sources of info re. Elsie May came from Canada via Shropshire, back to Canada and then to me......I have about 5 fulscap sheet of family data......which had been corrected, corrected and corrected again by various family members and is quite confusing.

I applied for a CERT. from Southport.....wrong Elsie May.That is from Albrighton, Shifnal!!! 

I strongly believe that Heath is shown on the O.S Map No.137 about 556 855 (hope I've got that right....long time since I've done any map refs!!!!  As for the family moving around.....quite an understatement. They moved again after Brookhampton!!!

The 1901 census shows the family at Heath. The Ecclesiatical Parish Hs Stoke. St. Milborough crossed out and overwritten by Heath, the Rural Dist....LUDLOW. Of course Elsie May wasn't born then!!!!

I do know that in 1816 they were at Blythbury Farm, Shifnal!!!!!!

Don't know whether any of this rambling helps you Mike.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff Holmes

Further to my previous reply Mike......definitely not the Newport birth.

My apologies.....the family were at Blythbury Farm, Shifnal in 1916 not 1816 as I wrote.

I'm cracking up I think.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff Holmes

Elsie May Jones.

I've been told of an Elsie May Jones born July 1904.  Place unknown but in the Shropshire, Staffordshire and West Midlands County.

Does anyone please know which Register Office would hold the records for the Counties in that year?

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff Holmes

Elsie May Jones.

To Michael Hulme.

Thanks again for your kind help Mike, as I wasn't succeeding I spoke to Bill at                                         tree-tracers@blueyonder.co.uk  after seeing their advert. in the June Magazine.  Gave them the details, accepted their fee.......and had a call a day or so later....with the right results.  Am now awaiting the Birth Cert, and a copy of the Baptisms page from the register.

They were very helpful and informative. I was pleased with their efforts, and they were well worth the reasonable fee.

I would recommend them!

Regards,

Geoff

Michael J Hulme

Hello Geoff

Thanks for your message and glad to hear you have had some success.

Mike