Hodnet parish registers after 1812 and monumental inscriptions Drayton cemetery LEWIS

3 replies [Last post]
Joannesilsbury

Hello

Is anyone able to tell me where I can find baptisms for Hodnet after 1812? I've checked Shropshire record office and the holdings here but no luck. I've made contact with the church but it's closed currently. I'm also looking for monumental inscriptions for the Lewis family whom all died in  February 1894 from diphtheria  - buried at Drayton Cemetery. I've asked for the fiche of burials here already and am waiting for a reply. 

thank you

Jo

Michael J Hulme

Hello Joanne

Unlike most other Shropshire parish registers those for Hodnet are not available on the Find my Past subscription web site and when it is possible to visit Shropshire Archives again they only have microform copies of the Baptisms up to 1861.  For baptisms after 1861 it will be necessary to obtain the details through the church when present restrictions are eased.

The Hodnet burial registers at Shropshire Archives only go to 1863 and marriages to 1861.  There are some Banns 1823-1837 on Find my Past.

Mike

Joannesilsbury

Thanks Mike for confirming that!  How frustrating!  I've contacted the church but of course they are not open at the moment and all the records I need are 1880-1900.

Jo

johnp3

Hi Joanne, Just to tell you that not all the Lewis' died around 1894, Florence Elizabeth Lewis survived & later on she married again & she died in 1947. The only death that is missing from all online sources it Ivan William Lewis.

If You would like the info just say so, it's quite long.

Best Regards

John P J