Jane CORNMELL b abt. 1830 Newport

3 replies [Last post]
anonymous (not verified)

From previous SFHS MessageBoard.
I am looking for more info about Jane CORNMELL and her family.From her marriage certificate her father was Thomas CORNMELL , butcher. There is a Jane CORNMELL on the 1841 census at Sand Hole Newport.

Lynda Robertson davidrobertson259@yahoo.co.uk

angela35

I did a IGI parent search and this is what I got;

JOSEPH CORNMELL - International Genealogical Index - British Isle

Gender: Male Christening: 12 APR 1829 Newport, Shropshire, England

2. JANE CORNMELL - International Genealogical Index - British Isles
Gender: Female Christening: 12 APR 1829 Newport, Shropshire, England

3. WILLIAM CORNMELL - International Genealogical Index - British Isles
Gender: Male Christening: 01 OCT 1843 Newport, Shropshire, England

These children are all children of THOMAS CORMELL and MARY. I couldn't find a marriage.   There isn't a THOMAS CORNMELL in any 1841 census but the 1841 census you mentioned had a couple of relatives that were butchers, maybe Thomas' siblings [GEORGE b. 1838,]. IGI down at present ! There are a couple of THOMAS' that died 1847-1850 NEWPORT but can't find him on census anyway.

In 1851 JANE is a servant in Bilston, Staffs.

Angela

Gary Cornmell

From the CORNMELL family tree that i have, a Jane Cornmell (nee Boycote) died in August 1860, the eldest surviving son George Cornmell(then 64) was required to make a statuary declaration. In it he outlined the family pedigree. This document, and other papers relating to James Cornmell and Jane Cornmell`s estate, is lodged at the Shropshire Records Office, Shrewsbury (Liddle and Heane collection - Liddle and Heane were the family solicitors).

Another paper in the collection relates to Jane Cornmell (granddaughter of James and Jane Cornmell) On 1 May 1857, shows as residing at Bolton in Lancashire, transferred her £30 legacy to John Sarjent, Writing Clerk of Newport, for the sum of £20.

On the death of Jane Cornmell (nee Boycott) an auction was held at the Raven public house, Newport, when a number of properties which she owned, were sold. A poster, giving details of the sale, is held at the Shropshire Records Office, Shrewsbury and is also on the Records office website.

Hope this helps?

Gary

DJohnson

Gary,

Hello! I am very much interested in finding more data on the James CORNMELL family. I have been researching my grandson's family tree and am looking for more information. His FFFMFM was Sarah Walker Cornmell b. 1853. Her parents were John & Sarah (Berresford).

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Donna