Joseph JONES b late 1857/early 1858 Pant

2 replies [Last post]
bobbycmorse

Hi all, 
Looking to break out of a dead end. Any info on a Joseph JONES b 1857/1858 Shropshire. He is likely on 1881 census (future wife, Anne CASEWELL b1859-1901, also a servant on Abertanat Farm, Llanyblodwell). Death confirmed to be 1891 before 1891 census. Father listed as William JONES on wedding certificate, occupation Rockman. Is that a limestone profession?  William is a witness alongside an Ann JONES(possibly wife?) Trying to place both William/ann or Joseph on a census from 1841-1871 so I can trace further. I've tried a few birth certificates that should of bore fruit but all seem doubtful as the right one. Any help/lead in the right direction would be great. 

Regards

Heather Parrish

1871 census

Carreghofa (near Llanymynech) William JONES, age 38, Labourer, born Kinnerley.  Margaret, age 39, born Llanfair and Joseph, age 15, labourer, born Oswestry, Shropshire.  Four younger siblings, all born Llanymynech.  This may be the family you are looking for.

Also in 1871 census there is a Roger JONES, Rock Man with a wife called Anna and a Son Joseph aged 15, a labourer

1881 census at Abertanant Farm -  Joseph, age 24 ag lab and born Pant.

Can't find the family in 1861 census yet but suggest you search both sides of the border.

madden27

Hi Bobby

I too am tracing William\Joseph JONES I've seen your tree on ancestry, there is a connection between yours and mine notably Isabella Maud JONES she was married to Joseph Pryce JONES my great uncle. Unfortunately my tree is private as it is my daughter-in-law's in America. I have some information that I have uncovered which I think is 99% correct, I'm waiting on some certificates to confirm, if you want to have a chat, my email is madden.r@sky.com, send me a contact number and I'll give you a call

Regards Robert.