SIDES family - West Felton area

11 replies [Last post]
cefnlad

Interested to hear from anyone with an interest in the SIDES family, especially info relating to Sarah SIDES, b 1805 and married to my Gt Gt grandfather (Thomas LAWRENCE b. 1795) in St Michaels, West Felton in 1828.

Really strange relationships are making my head spin here. Sarah's mother's maiden name was LAWRENCE, and it's possible that  a witness at her father's marriage was a SIDES.....

Heather Parrish

Hello
Sarah SIDES parents were John SIDES and Jane LAWRENCE, farmer, of Woolston, near West Felton.  Jane LAWRENCE was the daughter of Samuel LAWRENCE and Elizabeth PROBERT.  Samuel LAWRENCE was my 5 x great grandfather. I do not have a Thomas LAWRENCE in my tree yet, but I bet he is related to Samuel LAWRENCE somewhere!  I noted that William SIDES witness Samuel LAWENCE wedding.

Heather

cefnlad

Heather,

Thank you very much for this. If you want any details re Thomas LAWRENCE b 1795, let me know and I can post what I have.

Peter

brogwilym@yahoo.com

Heather Parrish
cefnlad

Heather,

I have emailed info to your BT address.

Regards

Peter

Heather Parrish

Hello Peter

I'm sorry but your email has not arrived? Please can you check my email address heather.parrish@btconnect.com ?

Thanks

Heather

cefnlad

Just tried again.

Are you on Facebook, and could I PM you oin that if email doesn't work?

Heather Parrish

Hello Peter

No luck yet?  Did you put 2 r's in Parrish?  Thats quite a common mistake?

Thanks Heather

cefnlad

Just wonder if you have (or indeed I have!) a limit on attachment capacity?

I've sent to heather.parrish@btconnect.com    and can't see where I've gone wrong.

I'll post just one item then and see what happens.                    

DaveLeek

Hi cefnlad. 

I believe I have a connection to a SIDES family in the West Felton area, although I have scant information on it.

My G3 grandmother was Jane DODD/DOD, born in Weirbrook in 1790. I have identified her mother as Elizabeth SIDES, baptised in West Felton in 1767, and the baptism shows her parents as Timothy SIDES and Elizabeth. I also found a marriage in 1761 between Timothy SIDES and Elizabeth Edwards in West Felton. Findmypast also shows  baptisms for 3 likely siblings - Thomas (1762), John (1771) and William (1775).

If correct, Timothy SIDES would be my G5 grandfather.

Do you think this is your family?

Regards,

Dave

DaveLeek

Just had another look at this family on my tree and found something that is very weird, or maybe the lockdown is getting to me.

As well as the marriage in West Felton in 1761 between Timothy Sides and Elizabeth Edwards there is also a marriage in Oswestry in 1764 between Timothy Sides and Elizabeth Edwards. If these are two different couples it seems like quite a coincidence.

There are images for both of these marriages on Findmypast.

Paul Evans

Hi Heather
I have a line that tracks back to a John SIDES died about 1837 who I have marked speculatively as the son 

John b 1809 of this marriage ie Sarah's brother. I have not been doing much work on this line for a while but I would be happy to share information about SIDES.  
Regards
Paul