Thomas THOMAS 1788- 1870

No replies
wynb

I am researching a Thomas THOMAS who was b Oswestry 1788 son of I think John and Eliza. John was a shoemaker. He was baptised in 1812 a year after he married Sarah PROBERT on the the 17 November 1811.
In 1824 he left Shropshire with wife and children (Not sure how many) for Oldham Lancashire. (I know some of his children were baptised at Claremont Meeting House) he had been invited to preach at Manchester Street Particular Baptist Church.
I believe he had two more children there before his wife Sarah died and he was left with 8 children under 14. He was then invited to preach at Meltham Baptist which is a village near Huddersfield in about 1829.
I find him in 1841 with a new wife Martha MICKLETHWAITE whom he married in 1832, living with them are six children and Mary from his marriage to Sarah.
Rev Thomas Thomas was a well loved Preacher, schoolmaster and respected friend to many and for 40 years lived and preached in Meltham. He resigned on his 80th birthday and died two years later aged 82.
I need some more information on births, burials and his wife's family as it is Meltham Baptist Church 200th Anniversary this year. Please can anyone help? I am willing to pass on any of my research as I have lots of 19th century newspaper cuttings of his extremely interesting life. Thanks.