JOHN CORBETT born 8th June 1898

No replies
becksnan

I had such a terrific response to my last query that I am posting another one.

JOHN CORBETT was my mother's brother but I can find no trace of him after the 1911 census when he was aged 12 and still at school. A John Corbett was a witness when my aunt (Harriet Corbett) married in 1922 but I have no way of knowing if it is the same one.

Until I started my research I had no idea that my mother, Violet (born 23rd Nov 1905), had any brothers at all but have now discovered four:-  William Henry born 1st June 1893 died 14th Nov1922, George born 2nd June 1894 died at Ypres 19th April 1918 (commemorated on the war memorial at St. Mary's Church, Ketley and Tyne Cot Memorial in Belgium), John as mentioned above and James born 3rd Sept 1909 died 13th April 1910 aged 7 months.

I only ever knew her two sisters Harriet (born 30th Sept 1896)  and Rebecca (born 18th Oct 1900) who I saw on a regular basis during my childhood. I was born in 1938 and spent a great many holidays in Wellington with my aunt and uncle Harriet and Harry Latham. As I never met or had any indication on the existance of brother John I can only assume that he had died by this time or moved from the area as did my mother (to Morcambe) and aunt Rebecca (to Manchester). Neither moved on marriage as they both met their husbands in their new locations. Even if he had moved away surely I would have been aware of him.

If anyone can help me find out what happened to him I will be very grateful. Pat