David JONES 11 Feb. 1782 and Martha LANE 1775 son John born 1807

1 reply [Last post]
Frederick_Jones

I'm new at this - My mother was attempting to put information together on the Jones family and was able to get to a David Jones married to a Martha Lane. He was born 11 Feb, 1782 in Shropshire England, he married a Martha Lane 31 May 1807 at St. Leonard's Church, Broseley, Shropshire. The church was rebuilt in 1843 and is currently All-Saints church. She appears to have been born 1775 in the Broseley area. They had a son named John born 1807 and Baptized 25 Dec. 1807. I have all the information from John the son to the current generation but I am missing the early information.  If anyone could help It would be appreciated, my mother is ill and no longer able to look any further so it's up to me.

Thanks

Frederick Jones

malta_falcon@yahoo.com

Sylvia Rowe

Hi, I'm Sylvia Rowe and new to the Society and not sure how to fully use it yet..Can't even find how to connect to another member who has Jones for Broseley listed? Not sure if we connect but we have a Samuel Jones ch 16 Jul 1815, Priorslee (Broseley) son of Thomas Jones & Elizabeth. I've not found another child listed for them in Priorslee but found these below and trying to work out if they are his brother & sisters or another family. So many Jones in Broseley.

Eliza Jones - Ch: 15 Dec 1797, St Leonards, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. 

Fanny Jones - Ch: 11 Mar 1798, St Leonards, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. 

Ann Jones - Ch: 1 Jun 1800, St Leonards, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. 

Mary Jones - Ch: 14 Nov 1802, St Leonards, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. 

Thos. Howells Jones  - Ch: 10 Feb 1811, St Leonards, Broseley, Shropshire, Eng. 

Parents: Thos Jones & Eliza - IGI Batch: C01155-3 

Our Samuel Jones went on to marry Elizabeth (Betsy) Griffiths Nee Rogers

Marriage Shropshire, Eng.

No: 112 - Married 11 Apr 1841 at Parish Church Broseley, Shropshire, Eng.

This being after Banns by me: William Harris - Curator.

Samuel Jones - of Full Age Bachelor Occ: Miner Res: Broseley - Father: Thomas Jones Occ: Labourer.

Elizabeth Griffiths - of Full Age Widow Res: Broseley - Father George Rogers Occ: China Making (but spelt

Macin) Manufacturer (Spelt Facturer) Both left there Mark for Signatures. In the Presence of: John Smith & Richard Smith.

Love to hear from anyone who sees a connection email: sylviajohn@rowedomain.id.au