John William or William J GARBETT, b 1925 Cleobury Mortimer

3 replies [Last post]
Bobby Garbett

Hello,
I'm trying to trace my late fathers roots. He was born 8/04/1925 in 57 High St Cleobury Mortimer- what is now SPICE EXPRESS near Mortimer Gardens. His name is registered as either John William or William J Garbett.His mother's name was either Harriot Pearce or Harriot Garbett. If you can provide any information it would be so appreciated.

Regards Bob Garbett

Michael J Hulme

Hello Bob

Have you got a copy of your parents Marriage Certificate? This should show your father's names in the format that he believed they should be in. It should also show the name and occupation of your two grandfathers which might help to clarify who was who.

Looking on FreeBMD the only Birth which comes up that fits with the information you have given is:-

GARBETT William J [Mother] PEARCE [Registration District] Cleobury M.  [Ref.No.] 6a 899

Do you have a good source for your other possible names?

Mike

Bobby Garbett

Hello Mike,

Just a few days ago I requested-from the British archives-a copy both of my fathers birth extract and also his marriage certificate. Thank you so much for this link I will check it out. Ive been using the resources within ancestry.com.uk that have also been helpful but keep coming up against a brick wall-so to speak- when I get these copies that should make a big difference. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond its much appreciated.

Regards Bob

Bobby Garbett

Hello, Mike,

Fantastic!! I've just looked at the link you gave me and its my father's birth details....wow!!! thank you so much. I've actually looked at this page before but failed to see the information as it was right at the top of the page the first line in fact I was looking at the other Garbetts on the other side. THANK YOU!!!

Regards Bob