Looking for marriage of David DAVIES to Eleanor? around 1820 Shrewsbury

1 reply [Last post]
forestchild

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help.

I'm trying to find a marriage for my 3xgr grandfather. He was David Davies and he was born in Shropshire about 1800. Unfortunately I don't know exactly where as 1861 census only says Shropshire and I can't find him in the 1851 census. He died 1862.

He was living in Shrewsbury in the 1820s with his wife Eleanor. His daughter Elizabeth (my gr gr grandmother) was baptised at St Mary's June 1822.  Charles 1825, Harriet 1830 were also baptised at At Mary's then  Mary 1833  and Allenor 1834 at St Chad's. Eleanor died 1835 and was buried at St Chad's. David remarried the following year to Ann and then the family moved to Tipton in Staffordshire. He died in Tipton so should be there in 1851 but I can't find him.

I can't find a marriage for David and Eleanor anywhere in Shropshire in the right time frame. It's possible he married outside the county but since he was born in Shropshire I imagine it wouldn't be too far away.

Can anyone help? 

Sylvia

david64

There are some parishes in this area that are not in the IGI for some dates. It is also possible that it could have been in Wales.

The marriages for neighbouring Montgomeryshire are now largely available at FindMyPast:

http://bit.ly/S14mDC

You could also try the marriage index ava. from the society.

David