Snailbeach in telephone directory in 1930

7 replies [Last post]
angela35

As I am not from Shropshire, please can someone help me to find an area in the telephone directories of 1930 . The area where these people lived was SNAILBEACH but I think that possibly it would be under PONTESBURY in the telephone directory. Would that be correct ?

Gulielmus

Angela,

Or maybe Minsterley.

Gulielmus.

angela35

Ok thanks very much Guilemus, I will try that .

GrahamOfSalop

Having browsed the 1935 Directory on Ancestry (and with a little working knowledge of present day telephone exchange coverage), I believe Guilemus is correct, there was an exchange at Minsterley then and I cannot think of another, nearer, village that would cover Snailbeach.

angela35

Thanks to you too Graham, as usual very good advice from this site, have a good day folks.
Ang x

angela35

Ok, my next question is , has anyone got an Electoral List of a HUGH HUGHES in 1930 that MAY have lived SNAILBEACH or surrounding area like Minsterley ?

Michael J Hulme

Hello Angela

If you are looking for information from Electoral Registers I think you will need to book yourself a trip to Shropshire Archives.

If you have a look at the Discovering Shropshire's History web site here you may find something to help you prepare for a visit.

Mike

angela35

Thanks Michael, yes think I will have to !