WW2 British Army units near Shrewsbury 1940s

1 reply [Last post]
pauline

I seek information about British Army training bases near Shrewsbury during the period 1939-1944.

My father was a SE London lad who spent much of the War based near Shrewsbury, in the Army training others to drive lorries. Like many others he found a lifelong partner living in Shrewsbury.
My research has led to the 211 Heavy Anti-Aircraft training Regiment RA  based at Oswestry but I do not know if this was his regiment. He only ever spoke of the 505 which might have been a battery.
I am willing to visit Shrewsbury (I live in Kent UK) to search sources if anyone can suggest directions.
I have a few pictures of lads and lasses which I imagine are from social events.
Grateful for advice please
Thank you.                                                                                                                                             

pauline

I realise this was a vague enquiry ...  much more research has led me to the war diaries of the 505 Searchlight battalion plus other material seen at the Library of the Royal Artillery, Woolwich  www.firepower.org.uk .... and it is very likely that my father was based at Greenfields , Ellesmere Road, Shrewsbury, for parts of 1941-1944....  ... within cycling distance from my Mother's home in Shrewsbury.  .... Thak you Pauline